1994 Sierra 1500 4x4

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
1994 Sierra 1500 4x4

Well, this was my daily driver but right now she is somewhat under the knife. Synchros went bad in the 5-speed NV3500 trans, swapped it out with an older 5LM60, and had some issues with the clutch that I didn't have the money to deal with, so now I have to repull the transmission, and replace the clutch. Will only do that once..

Specs

1994 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4 

ECRB (Ext Cab, 6'6" Box)

305 TBI v8, minor bolt on mods throttle body spacer and intake. Going to replace intake with stock one, not really a fan of it.

5-speed transmission. 

IFS, 3.73 gears, on 285/75/R16 Nokian Vatiiva A/Ts ~32" tall and 11.5" wide.

Airbags in the rear - used to haul a camper.

Hope to have it going in a week or so, because I can't find any offroad pictures with it, so I need some new ones!

Dents and scratches all over, minor rust though.

theshanergy's picture
Admin

Shane
Alberni Valley

Hey welcome to the site! So will she become a daily driver once again? I know that very same sinking feeling when you realize you have to pull something large AGAIN. I once installed an engine + transmission without a throwout bearing and only realized when I put in in gear.. oh crap. Where abouts are you located?

Ouch that would definitely be rough! Atleast I know everythings there, was able to test drive it but shifting was done only by matching RPMs.. not with the clutch. Going to price out the parts right now.

I am up in Port Alberni. Thanks for the welcome.

Hey guys, been a long time since I posted in here.. Well, I drove the truck for about 8 months before rolling it on May Long weekend this year.

I picked up a 1997 K1500, 350 Vortec, 4l60e, 14b semi floater, with the 3-door cab. I planned on swapping the motor, cab, and rear end into the black truck. 3 weeks after I picked the '97 up, I crashed.

I paid $500 for the '97. It didn't run. Once I rolled the black rig - I went and assessed the situation in the green truck. I pulled the fuel pump relay, and put the AC relay in its spot. Fired right up. $17 Later with a new fuel pump relay, I had cold air conditiong and a strong running truck. Solid 15mpg in town and 18 on the highway. Better then the 94 EVER WAS!

Figured I'd come see how the forum was doing, and update my thread.