1995 Yukon

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
steinerss's picture

Bernard
Nanaimo
1995 Yukon

Started out with a bone stock Yukon. Searched around and found a bumper and winch for a great deal only thing was it came with a complete running 2wd Suburban attached. Installed the winch and took for a spin. It did ok but the bald street tires left much to be desired. The running boards also didn't help the cause but the winch works great. So off came the running boards and on went a new set of Kelly Safari TSRs. I figure it should be good for a few more runs while I strip the 3/4 ton rear springs out of the suburban that keeps on giving for a little extra lift.

jas's picture
jas

Jas
Shawnigan

Now that you got the tires we should go hit up that trail again and get to the end of it :)

steinerss's picture

Bernard
Nanaimo

Just say when. I'm ready to go

jas's picture
jas

Jas
Shawnigan

This Sunday if that works for you. 9ish.
Should be a 15mins shorter drive for you this time. We can just meet at mount sicker turn off at that gas station.
Let me know.

steinerss's picture

Bernard
Nanaimo

Sounds good I'll be there

steinerss's picture

Bernard
Nanaimo

Well I've been MIA for a while. Sold my Yukon and picked up a Lada. Took it out to Whipsaw last year on its maiden voyage. Rough trip. Broke my rear axle on day 2 but kept going in 3wd. Day 2 alternator crapped out and needed a bush rebuild (starter was acting up also). Day 3 shattered my front diff on a rock and was pretty much dead in the water with only a 1 wheel drive. Towed it back to Nanaimo and tore it down. I managed to find a Lada for cheap which I'll be using for parts but that's back in Alberta so I am without a bush rig until I figure out how to get it to the island.

Out4aRip's picture

Rob
Victoria

Holy crap, sounds like the Whipsaw really whipped the shit out of your Lada! :-O
I've been reading about that trail and watching some YouTube vids of people wheeling it. Looks pretty wild.
Don't think I'll be attempting it in my 2nd Gen with a 2" lift and 29" A/T's and open diffs though...
but still, dat Lada doh...

p.s. Did you get to climb memorial rock?

steinerss's picture

Bernard
Nanaimo

Yup. Climbed it in 3 wheel.