My 1994 Stepside

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
danman6677's picture

Dan Sullivan
Campbell River
My 1994 Stepside

Hi everyone, Im Dan I'm a truckoholic, here is my 1994 Chevrolet ECSS 4wd, 350 engine gas/propane, automatic, posi rear w/3.73s.

Im currently finishing the inspection list I had to have done. Ebrake cable, tailpipe and seat mount broke, soon enough.

theshanergy's picture
Admin

Shane
Alberni Valley

Welcome to the site! What's the reason for the inspection list - vi?

danman6677's picture

Dan Sullivan
Campbell River

Elderly previous owner had been pulled over and left it in neutral and it rolled a couple feet and bumped a car, the policeman saw that the keys were in the mans hand while it was still running, so he wrote up an inspection.  The key was paper thin when i took possesion so i went to the gm dealer and have a new key which was the problem.

Ive installed a 3 inch pipe and muffler just waitin to get to the exhaust shop to finish the tailpipe since its to short, then get to a machine shop and get the seat mount welded, and lastly the stupid ebrake cable needs to be cut and a new end put on. On top of the inspection it needs a propane inspection and the rear of the intake manifold is leaking coolant.

theshanergy's picture
Admin

Shane
Alberni Valley

So what's the story with gas/propane? you can run either or both or what?

danman6677's picture

Dan Sullivan
Campbell River

Yea There is an "arming" switch under the steering wheel, Im moving to saskatchewan in october so itll be interesting to see what mileage i get with propane since its 87cents a liter.

Hey Dan, recognize the name from GMT400.com!
I realize you haven't posted in here in a while, but the leaking at the rear of the intake manifold might be the "Heater Hose Quick Disconnect"
They are notorious for leaking. Just replace it with a a fitting with hose barbs on one end, and threads to screw into the manifold on the other. 2' of 5/8" or 3/4" hose worked just perfect for me. No more leaks.