Superwinch 10000.

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gulfcoast_84's picture

Paul Van Giesen
Gulf Islands
Superwinch 10000.

Looking at a superwinch 10000 for 92 cherokee. It is used. Any one else run these?? And what is a good price?? And is it worth it??

Beer-n-Meat's picture

Beer-n-Meat
Nanaimo

Just an FYI, I just seen in the Canadiantire flyer they (Superwinch 10,000) are on sale for 449.00, regular 779.00.
They are a pretty good winch, not top of the line but I would say an upper midscale winch. I know a number of people who run them and have never heard any complaints from them. If I didn't find my Warn I would have bought a Superwinch.

Gulfcoast_84's picture

Paul Van Giesen
Gulf Islands

K. I am going to offer the guy 100 for it. If he says no ill wait and buy a new one.

Gulfcoast_84's picture

Paul Van Giesen
Gulf Islands

Got the winch for 100 bucks.

FarmYard's picture

D
Cow valley

nice pick up

Gulfcoast_84's picture

Paul Van Giesen
Gulf Islands

Figured ya can't go wrong with that price.

Beer-n-Meat's picture

Beer-n-Meat
Nanaimo

Good price for a good winch, congrats on the addition.
Might not be a bad idea to pull the planetary end off and wash it out and put new grease in. If you do plan on doing that I would suggest putting gear oil between the housing and the outer ring gear instead of grease, it will make it much easier to free spool.
I bought my Warn 10,000 for $100.00 because the guy said it wouldn't free spool, he figured the gears were damaged. When I opened it up it was just full of stiff grease, after removing all the gearing (By the way it can only go together one way so don't be afraid to pull it apart) and washing the gears and housing it works like a champ...works like a Warn.

Gulfcoast_84's picture

Paul Van Giesen
Gulf Islands

Awesome. I will do that. Thanks.

Gulfcoast_84's picture

Paul Van Giesen
Gulf Islands

Well went and picked up the winch today. (bought without testing) got it home and pulled all the line off. Free spooled great. Then hooked up the battery and flipped the switch and in she went. Worked great for $100. Just took the gears out and put new grease in. And ready to mount it now.

Beer-n-Meat's picture

Beer-n-Meat
Nanaimo

Nice....If you want to clean the rust off the fairlead rollers.....Coke (The beverage) works really good with minimal effort. Mine looked like that when I bought it and now they are virtually rust free.
And to think I put that shit in my body......

Gulfcoast_84's picture

Paul Van Giesen
Gulf Islands

Sweet. I will do that.

RamRod's picture

Mike
Vic

Great buy!

I just took off my 10,000LP (what you bought) for a Superwinch TigerShark 9,500SL.

Couldn't be happier with my Superwinch experience & their customer service was great when I needed to call them for a wiring question!