Last Weekend of 2014

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hillbilly DLX's picture

Wesley Keating
Parksville
Last Weekend of 2014

Well 2014 is nearly over. Hope everyone has had a good year. I'm sure most will be busy cleaning up after Christmas but why not get together on Saturday Dec 27th for one last rip of the year?
Any suggestions?
Yesterday Jake and I went exploring out in the Lockwood/Arrowsmith area. Was thinking about heading back there if no one has any other suggestions but I'm always up for learning new trails.
Anyways let me know if you can meet up.

Beer-n-Meat's picture

Beer-n-Meat
Nanaimo

I would love to get out but I can't do any highway driving as I'm still running on a damaged rim. If you're interested in seeing some trails in Nanaimo let me know.

Hillbilly DLX's picture

Wesley Keating
Parksville

Hi Beer,

I think I might take you up on your offer to learn some Nanaimo trails. A friend showed me how to get into the Lantzville heights trails last week. Jake also mentioned he has time on the 27th so he might join as well. I'll contact him and let you know.

Beer-n-Meat's picture

Beer-n-Meat
Nanaimo

Sorry work schedule is not going to let me go wheeling on Saturday, but if you can get out Sunday I'm free on that day.

Hillbilly DLX's picture

Wesley Keating
Parksville

I'm off work until early January so most days work for me.

Fatty's picture

Fatty
Nanaimo

There was talk of a BC Jeep Club run that day heading up into Doumont area.....I believe they were meeting at northfield Esso at 10:30 ;)

Hillbilly DLX's picture

Wesley Keating
Parksville

I've never wheeled with any BC Jeep Club members before, only ever wheeled with other Yota's. Do they accepted tag-alongs?

Fatty's picture

Fatty
Nanaimo

I have been along on runs with them in past and it doesnt matter what you drive.....just out to have fun

Hillbilly DLX's picture

Wesley Keating
Parksville

Right on, thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll join them for a rip.

welshy's picture

Gwyn price
Nanaimo

Im going to check it out… hopefully its a go ahead!

Hillbilly DLX's picture

Wesley Keating
Parksville

Mobilized the family this afternoon for a quick rip up one of the local trails only to find that one of the main gates that for the past few months has been open is now locked up tight. So we did an impromptu clean up instead. 2 hours and 4 garbage bags later the trail is a little cleaner than it was until we got there.

Fatty's picture

Fatty
Nanaimo

Still on as far as I know.....I may be up there Welshy, some friends were coming to visit tomorrow but sounds like they may have to cancel......just waiting to hear.