Air Pressure KO2 265/70 P16

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
erdelie's picture

Ed
mill bay bc
Air Pressure KO2 265/70 P16

We have an 02 Tacoma Double Cab with BFG KO2 265/70 P16s aired at 35psi
Quite a bone jarring ride when we go off pavement.
Would like to hear what air pressure others are running on similar vehicle.
Thinking of trying 25psi for our next outing.
Any thoughts -opinions appreciated
Only have a small cig lighter type air compressor so will need to keep enough air in tires to get back to a gas station
As we live in Mill Bay but like to roam around west and South of Lake Cowichan
Thanks...Ed

Beer-n-Meat's picture

Beer-n-Meat
Nanaimo

I would drop them to 20psi and go from there.

I don't have a similar vehicle but mine weighs approx. 3200lbs and I run mine at 10psi on the trails and 22 on the street.

The 3.4l V6 4WD Xtracab 4ECT weighs approx. 3600lbs so 20psi would be a good place to start and should have zero issues driving on the street at that pressure.

erdelie's picture

Ed
mill bay bc

Thanks will give that a try and report back after our next outing

fx4's picture
fx4

Jonathan
Victoria

I have the same tires and the same size truck. I usually drop them down around 20 psi when cruising logging roads. It makes a massive difference and is well worth the time ot takes to air down and back up.

I left my buddies in the dust on the way to the walbran valley on easter, because I aired down and they didn't.

erdelie's picture

Ed
mill bay bc

Great Thanks will air down to 20 psi
Hope to get out on the weekend and look forward to a softer ride.

erdelie's picture

Ed
mill bay bc

Did a quick drive to Wild Deer Lake this morning with the tires aired down, Wow what a difference, Thanks again for the advice....Ed

Old smokey's picture

Andrew
Victoria

I also was blown away at the difference it makes once I started airing down. More comfortable, way better traction, makes like good. I use a $99 air compressor from Canadian tire that just clamps onto the battery. Takes me about 15 minutes to air up but its good if I'm a long way from the gas station